Teeth implants or dentures can help improve the function and appearance of your smile after missing teeth. Missing teeth are a normal part of life, especially as we age. Understandably, missing teeth hurts peoples’ confidence.
Fortunately, there are many different teeth implant options that can help patients with missing teeth. Two of the most common options you’ll hear of are dentures vs implants. But what are dentures and what are implants? Which is right for you?
Today we’ll dive into each option and help you determine whether dentures vs implants are best for you.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a removable solution for missing teeth. The removable tools come in partial or full sets, and they are commonly used for patients missing several teeth. Modern dentures look extremely natural and are custom-fit for your mouth.
- Ease of use
- Seamlessly blend with your natural teeth
- Prevent existing teeth from shifting
- Prevents facial change from jaw deterioration
- Improves speech function
- Can slip when eating or speaking
- Affordable solution
- Freedom to remove them, which is helpful for those with weaker jaws
- Must remove them at night, which can make people feel less confident
- Ill-fitting dentures can lead to tooth decay or infection
- Require regular cleaning
- Must be replaced if they show signs of wear
Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent. Teeth implants have gained popularity in recent years as an alternative to dentures.
- Secure while speaking or eating
- Save money over time via fewer dental visits
- Less maintenance required
- Extremely natural look and feel
- More costly than dentures
- They may not work for those with very weak jawbones
- They do not allow the flexibility for daily removal
Teeth Implants and Dentures in Quincy and Norwell
When choosing dentures vs implants, there is a lot to consider. Whether you are leaning toward dentures or teeth implants, our team at Advanced Dental Arts is here to help.
Our knowledgeable dentists will examine your smile and help you make the best decision for you. We’re happy to explain more about the pros and cons of dentures vs implants and to help you make the best choice for your unique smile. From there, you can count on our experienced team to handle all of your dental needs including denture implants.
Let us help you decide between dentures vs implants today! Schedule your appointment at Advanced Dental Arts by clicking the button below.